Pages

Birthday Things.



So September 17 was a Monday, which was awkward.

This is what happened that night; just dinner and a wander because, you know, Monday.

The next few posts are about things that I'm just gonna include as birthday celebrations.

Short, sweet, fun, let's go.

 





BUT FIRST: AN EXPLOSION OF AWESOME.



WHAT EVEN IS HAPPENING.

I had to walk through campus all the way back to my room with THREE GIANT BOXES OF THINGS.

This doesn't even include the OTHER parcel received before from Maman:




ALL OF THE AUSTRALIAN THINGS. ALL OF THE BIRTHDAY THINGS. HAPPINESS.

So, to everyone:

image

Merci et je vous aime.






So, on actual birthday day/night...

There were about 6 of us; about 5 more wanted to come but couldn't, so I think that's a pretty good effort for being in a country by myself for 2 weeks. Go team. And by team, I mean me. Yes.


image
This gif is probably going to be featured a lot on this blog. Yes.
So I booked a place called Harlem which was all full of southern delicacies:


Plus awesome record-shaped menus covered in tasty things.


Super tender beef things, plus proper mac n cheese. 


Deep fried chicken, obs.

Wandering...














So, so cool.


Lovely Brandon who gave me my lovely present.


In the direction of the distillery district now.


I don't know what this is, but it's creepy as hell.




RAWR.




LOOK! BIRTHDAY THINGS!


Yussss.


Distillery district.






There was an art exhibition of sorts with satellite photos of areas of the planet; Mary found Arizona! No Australia though :(


We found a cool bridge thing. It was possibly a piece of art. We climbed it anyway. 


Oh Andrew.








A Titanic moment.


N'awww. 


A good feet moment.










Wye Oak was playing down at Queen St West and we rocked up and had a bit of a listen. Great, blissed-out stuff.



Jenn Wasner, lead singer. 


VoilĂ  mon anniversaire.

I am now 21.

Thank you to everyone who got me here thus far.


image













3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Super psyched you got the box of goodies, also that the TARDIS didn't break in transit. Both had me on edge for about 10 days, so there's that.
    WHAT A FUN NIGHT!!! Fuck the rules, man, if it's art that looks like a bridge, it's a bridge, and therefore must be climbed. Also, was that Lush product in your hands?
    Glad you had a wonderful time. We'll have belated drinks for yours, on mine, in NYC. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cool photos, looks like you're having so much fun!! Espesh jealous of fried chicken, not going to lie. Did you have any dessert though?!! I certainly hope so!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I wonder who took all those unflattering candid photos? Sorry guys ;)-Michelle (CAN YOU SEE WHO THIS IS WITHOUT ME SIGNING MY NAME? I HAVE NO IDEA.)

    ReplyDelete